This is one of the frequently asked questions, because it is important for every trader to understand whether an automated robot is profitable or not. Of course, a trader can check the Advisor on a demo account for several weeks or months, but there are other options that are simpler and faster. There is no need to wait a month or more, testing the reliability of the Advisor, when everything can be done in a few minutes using the strategy tester in the MetaTrader trading terminal.
What you need to do?
1. You should download from the company’s server an archive of quotes of that currency pair or instrument on which the text will be produced. Select "Service" in the top menu, then in the window that appears - "Quotes Archive" (or simply press the F2 key).
In the window that appears, click on the “+” at the “Forex” tab and select the desired currency pair and, if necessary, the timeframe. Click the "Download" button and wait for the completion of the ongoing operation.
2. Install the trading robot in the terminal, if there is no such.
3. Go to the strategy tester. To do this, go to the tab “View” - “Strategy Tester” in the top menu (Ctrl + R keys).
4. After the strategy tester has turned on, you need to start testing the trading Advisor itself. Below the trading window of a currency pair, a service for testing a trading robot appears, where you should put down the necessary values for the test:
4.1. select the forex Advisor you need
4.2. select a currency pair on which testing will be carried out
4.3. set the timeframe
4.4. put a check in the "Use date"
4.5. indicate the date to start the test
4.6. indicate the date to complete testing
4.7. in the “Optimization” tab, if necessary, make additional settings
4.8. open the “Expert Advisor Properties” tab, where you put the initial deposit of the account, transaction types, optimized parameter
5. Click "Start". Testing of the trading robot will begin immediately after clicking.
Note that in addition there is the opportunity to enable "Visualization" or edit the robot (Change Expert), but all these settings are at the choice of the trader and are not required for testing.
6. After the testing is completed, a specific sound is heard from the terminal, it is possible to view the report, testing the trading robot for Forex is completed.
In order to rent a trading robot, you need to carry out a number of very simple actions.The first step is to register (if you are registered, go through verification by entering your username and password).To do this, in the upper right corner, click “Login”.
Before you open a window with fields for authorization in the form of “Your email” and “Password”. Below there is the “Login” button and then the “Registration” button. Click “Registration”.
A window pops up with fields to fill in your personal data.
You must specify:
Surname Name Last name
Your phone number
Create a password
Confirm the password
When all the fields are filled in, check the box that you consent to the processing of personal data .Click “Register”.You get into your personal account.
Congratulations! You have registered and are ready to proceed to step two. In the upper right corner, click the “Shop” button
The system will transfer you to the main page, where all the algorithms are located. Next, select the trading robot that you would like to rent. A window opens with information about the trading robot.
Press the “Buy Robot” button and the system will transfer you to your Personal Account again, but to the “Shopping” section where your basket with trading robots is formed for payment.
Get down to pay. Select a payment system that is convenient for you, check the box that you have familiarized yourself with the offer agreement and click the “Pay” button.
You will receive a purchase congratulation letter on your email, and a robot file and instructions for setting will be attached also to the letter. Congratulations! We are glad that you are with us! Have a successful trading and burning profits!
Many novice traders are sure that the availability of a computer, the Internet and money is enough for trading. This is so, but for successful activity, it is necessary to ensure uninterrupted operation, especially if it is carried out with the help of advisors. In this case, a VPS server is essential.
WHAT IS VPS SERVER
VPS server is such a computer, which is located in a special room with an uninterrupted source of electricity and the Internet. The main difference from standard computers is that the VPS server for Forex has components that are developed on the basis of server equipment that has reliability and durability. Thus, the VPS server will not freeze, will not slow down, what often happens with a PC.
VPS server is definitely needed when trading with advisors, since such activity requires stable and continuous operation of the trading terminal. There should be no reboots, shutdowns or interruptions. One of the important advantages when the terminal is always on is Trailing Stop, which is known for its convenience of risk insurance.
If we talk about specific examples, the VPS server can help in the following situations:
- When you turn off the electricity and the Internet trade will not stop, so you can not worry.
- If necessary, go to the VPS server outside the house, you can use your phone or tablet using your username and password.
- When PC is being used by family members or colleagues, you can protect the trading process from interference by using VPS Forex, since only the owner can enter it.
STEP 1. DOWNLOADING THE ADVISOR
A Trading Robot is a file with the extension .ex4 - a compiled Advisor.
The following can be included in the kit for the Advisor:
- Additional (copyright) indicators - files with the extension .ex4.
- Libraries - files with the extension .dll.
- Settings files (sets) - files with the extension .set.
STEP 2. INSTALLING ADVISOR FILES IN FOLDERS OF THE METATRADER TERMINAL
Now you need to install each file in the corresponding directory of our MetaTrader terminal.
- Advisor file (.ex4 or mq4) is copied or transferred to the C: \ Program Files \ MetaTrader 4 \ MQL4 \ Experts directory
- Unpack the archive with additional indicators (!) Into the C: \ Program Files \ MetaTrader 4 \ MQL4 \ Indicators directory
- Copy (transfer) the library file to the C: \ Program Files \ MetaTrader 4 \ MQL4 \ Libraries directory
- Copy (transfer) the settings file to the folder C: \ Program Files \ MetaTrader 4 \ MQL4 \ Presets
STEP 3. INSTALLING A TRADE EXPERT ON THE SCHEDULE
Start or restar the MetaTrader terminalt, if it was previously launched.
Before installing the Advisor on a chart, you need to configure the terminal to work with trading robots. To do this, press Ctrl + O or on the terminal panel go to the “Service” - “Settings” tabs.
In the settings window that appears, go to the “Advisors” tab and configure the terminal.
STEP 4. INSTALLING THE TRADING ADVISOR ON THE SCHEDULE
On the terminal panel, click the “Navigator” button, on the panel that appears on the left, go to the “Advisors” tab, find our Expert and drag it with the mouse to the chart of the currency pair you need.
- The Expert icon in the “Navigator” tab can be not only color, but also gray, as in the figure. Do not be afraid that the Advisor turned out to be non-working. The Expert is functional, and a gray icon means that an .ex4 file is used without an open source .mq file
- You can install several different trading robots on the same currency pair, but you need to open a separate chart for each Advisor, and the MagicNumber parameter value should not match in their settings so that the Advisors work only with their transactions.
STEP 5. CONFIGURING FOREX ADVISOR
After you drag the work to the chart of the currency pair, the Advisor settings window appears.
Now you need to configure your Expert to work. To do this, go to the "General" tab and check the boxes in all fields.
If the settings files (.set) were attached to the Advisor, to install them, go to the “Input Parameters” tab, click the “Download” button, in the window that appears, find the desired file and click “Open”.
After configuration settings from the Advisor file, click “OK”
- The settings of the trading robot can be changed at any time.To do this, right-click on the price chart, in the drop-down menu find the “Advisors” tab, go over it and click “Properties”.
STEP 6. STARTING TRADING WITH THE FOREX ADVISOR
After clicking the “OK” button, the Advisor settings window disappears, and the name of the Expert and a smiling face are displayed in the upper right corner of the chart.
If instead of a smile you see a sour face, check the “Auto-trade” button on the terminal panel. If it is red - press, it will turn green, and the face of the Expert will smile, informing you that the installed Expert is working.
- Do not wait for the Forex robot to start trading immediately after installation. It is a program. It will open a deal only when the conditions laid down in its algorithm arise.
- Also, you do not need to think that the Advisor should trade exclusively in plus. A losing trade is not a reason to immediately climb and change the Expert’s settings. Loss on Forex trading is an inevitable thing. The main thing is that the profit on open transactions exceeds the loss and the deposit grows steadily.
- When using the Advisor, you can trade on the same currency pair manually, the Expert will ignore the orders you open. However, we do not recommend manually closing trades that the robot opened - some Advisors may open an order that you have closed again.
- Forex Advisor will trade only when the terminal is on. If you can’t keep your computer constantly on, use VPS servers.
So, as you can see, you can install a Forex Advisor in the MetaTrader 4 terminal literally in a matter of minutes. With the right amount of experience it is much faster.
When you pass the registration, decide which algorithm suits you and make the payment, the instructions for setting up the robot will be sent to your email indicated during registration.